Saturday, March 19, 2016

Tad's Acoustic Series Part Six - The Turkey Sandwich Song



This is a song that wrote itself very easily.  It's laced with double-meaning...but literally at its core only about a girl who was hesitant to give me a bite of a sandwich I bought her at Magic Mountain.  I was poor.  My friends were poor.  In fact, one of my best friends actually called his credit card company on the way to the amusement park to see if they would give him a limit increase so he'd be able to enjoy all that was offered to those more civilized than we (which was pretty much everyone)...and god bless you Discover Card...you didn't disappoint!  Without further ado, the lyrics:


hey whatcha got there looks mighty fine
just a little taste could free my mind


if you leave yourself open I might sneak right in
Cause if your playing games baby I'm gonna win
i gotta feeling that it's time to begin so here i come



Oh baby
Can you not see
I got no money And nothin's free

Oh baby

How can it be...It's all so tempting…



oh my god what I need
is right in front of me can't you see



put on display looks even better
i'm thinking any way it don't even matter



if you leave yourself open I might sneak right in
Cause baby playing' games just means that i'm gonna win

i gotta feeling that it's time to begin so here i come

I wrote this song, progression, lyrics, and all sitting alone in a my bedroom where I could really hammer out the important stuff.  I was literally crouched next to a paper bag filled with planned parenthood condoms...ostensibly preparing me for the next phase of life that was impending...and intentionally made it sound as such...but at its core...it was just about a sandwich that I was hungry for.  Hope you enjoy...and if you don't...well, that's your fault!  :)

Tad
2016







No comments:

Post a Comment